We are open!
Read the following information carefully:
- Registration for 2020 is open now.
- Review the Gwendolen Park Rules and Regulations here.
- Read the Gwendolen FAQ here.
- Please read the City guidelines here.
- Instructions for reserving a court online are here.
- You MUST have an online reservation before you come to the club.
- The Online Booking Guide is HERE. Please review it.
- Court 1,2,3 and hitting wall are available for online booking.
- Members are restricted to 1 hour per day, and 4 hours per week.
- You can reserve a court up to 7 days in advance.
- Guests are not allowed this year. All players must be members.
- Member play will be limited to SINGLES ONLY (unless all players are from the same household).
- Club hours will be slightly shortened this season (please review 2020 rules).
- We are launching a NEW online tennis court booking system ( https://www.yourcourts.com) – this will be mandatory for all members to use. Play will not be permitted without a reservation. A more detailed communication on this new system will be sent to members after registration.
- There will be no front gate access code distributed to members this season; we will have court monitors available to provide members access to the facilities, verifying bookings, ensuring safe play. Members will not be permitted to enter the facilities without supervision of court monitors.
- The Clubhouse will be closed for the 2020 season. No member access to restrooms and water stations.
- A Disciplinary Committee has been created to STRICTLY ENFORCE the rules set out by the Club and City of Toronto. Violation of these rules is considered dangerous and will not be tolerated.
- The Club will be making changes to our outdoor layout to offer safe waiting zones and sanitization stations for our members to limit interaction and protect against community spread.
- The Club will be suspending a number of the programs that you have enjoyed in the past: House League, Intercounty, Junior Camps and all social events.
- Private and Semi-Private Lessons (maximum 2 people) will be available to members.
President 2020 Spring Message
It is late February 2020 as I write my greetings to all returning and new members of our wonderful tennis club. We are all blessed to be members of one of the prettiest and finest outdoor tennis clubs in the city of Toronto. Our ravine setting is majestic in all seasons.
We have an amazing club with four courts and new lights. Try to enjoy our patio to the south of the clubhouse this summer and watch the tennis from that vantage-point while enjoying the sun’s warming rays (within healthy limits of course). Our clubhouse has been recently renovated and is also a great vantage-point to watch the tennis matches.
This year, we will have five Intercounty teams – one A , one B team, one C team, Ladies team and Mixed Over 55 team. Our VP Graeme Kerr capably oversees the management of the teams. Tryouts will take place in late April. The A and C Teams will alternate play on Thursday nights and the B team will play on every second Tuesday night. Please monitor our website to ascertain each week which Tuesday night that is available for full open play.
House League will continue on Mondays and Wednesday nights under the able leadership of Shane Miskin I encourage all of you to play house league. The levels vary from advanced beginner to very competitive. There is a slot for all of you to play in house league and I know that you will personally find it very enjoyable and is the centerpiece of our club.
Membership registration will start on March 1st. Our new membership directors Margaret Dunn and Moune Boulerie can help you with registration and provide all the information that you need. Our club only accepts online registrations.
Our new club pro Kooros Ghasemi and his assistants will be able to provide lessons to all of you throughout the summer. Please contact Kooros and his team for fantastic tennis lessons. Kooros will also be running a comprehensive summer program for children.
There are some notable social events and round robins that are planned throughout the upcoming season. I encourage all of you to come out to one of more of those events. Not only they are a lot of fun with great tennis but also you will meet some amazing people to.
If you have not seen our website, please take a look. You will be extremely impressed by its professionalism and the detail. All of our events are on the website for easy reference. Our executive member, Martin Gula, deserves a huge thanks for his tireless efforts in upgrading our website. Please check the website weekly for weekly news and events.
We have also increased the monitor hours to ensure that all of us have a great and fair time at her club. Please remember to wear your shoe tags at all times. Guest fees are ten dollars per person per play.
We have planned a great tournament schedule again this year in August and September. Our Tournament director, Mohammad Abid, has done a terrific job in organizing all of these events.
Please note the parking rules on Gwendolen Crescent. There is no parking on the west side after April 15. Please be vigilant in parking appropriately in our area. Also do not park within 3 feet of a person’s driveway. Thank you very much for your courtesy on it this important issue.
Your executive has worked very diligently and with great enthusiasm during the winter months to ensure that we have a vibrant and exciting tennis season in 2020. Without the hard work of your executive, our club would not remain as a top listed outdoor tennis club. I encourage new and old members to volunteer to become either members of the executive, house league captains, or just pitch in and help out on an occasional basis.
Our annual meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 4, 2020 at 7 PM at the clubhouse. Please come out to that meeting in order to hear about all of the exciting events for our upcoming wonderful summer.
Gwendolen Park Tennis Club - Welcome to the New Tennis Season
We’re a small, friendly tennis club situated in a quiet corner of North Toronto,
with four well-equipped and maintained courts, plus a practice court,
and our own clubhouse with kitchen and washroom facilities.
Do you have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us here.
Do you want to become a member, use our facilities and participate in our programs?
Join our club here.
Our Club Highlights
- Four courts (with brand new lights!)
- House league on two nights
- 4 Inter-County teams - From C team to A team and Over 55+ team
- Advanced junior programs
- Adult and junior tennis lessons and clinics
- Social events (included in membership)
- 3+ tennis pros